March 15, 2013 by Hannah
This recipe is unique among the many I have tried, in that the biscuits hold their shape when put into the oven without needing to be chilled in the fridge before hand. They’re crisp, buttery, perfect with tea and highly addictive!
280g/ 10oz Plain Flour
200g/ 7 1/2oz Cold Butter (diced)
100g/ 3 1/2 oz Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks (Freeze the egg whites for another time)
1) Preheat the oven at 200 *C/ Fan 180*C.
2) Place the sieved flour and butter in an electric mixer. Mix at a medium speed until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3) Add the icing sugar and egg yolks and mix slowly until the mixture forms a stiff dough.
4) Roll out onto a lightly floured surface and cut into desired shape. Don’t roll them too thinly!
5) Place on a baking tray or two (don’t crowd them) and bake for about 10 mins. Don’t worry if they still seem a little soft when they come out because they firm up once they’re out of the oven.
Someone who won’t be receiving any treats this weekend is a certain black cat, who I found sunbathing on my cabbage seedlings!