3oz/ 90g Milk Chocolate
3oz/ 90g Dark Chocolate
6oz/ 175g Caster Sugar
1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
6 Eggs (preferably free range)
10 fl oz/ 300 ml Cream
Icing Sugar to dust
Raspberries to garnish
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a Swiss roll tin and line with grease proof paper.
2) Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of steaming water. The boiling water in the saucepan must not touch the bowl. Once melted allow to cool.
3) Whisk the sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy. Then add to the cooled chocolate.
4) Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold gradually into the chocolate mixture and add the sieved cocoa powder. Bake for around 20 minutes or until firm to touch.
5) Leave the cake in the tin, place a damp tea towel on top and leave to cool for a few hours or overnight.
6) Sprinkle some icing sugar on a baking sheet and turn the cake onto it. Whip the cream until stiff and spread out evenly on the cake. Use the baking sheet (grease proof paper), to roll the cake up tightly, as you would with a Swiss roll. Don’t worry if it cracks a little, it’s supposed to.
*Feel free to substitute the milk chocolate for more dark chocolate if you’re a dark chocolate fiend!